Contact: +91-9711224068
  • Printed Journal
  • Indexed Journal
  • Refereed Journal
  • Peer Reviewed Journal
International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research

Vol. 5, Issue 1, Part A (2023)

An open label clinical study to evaluate the efficacy of Ayurvedic intervention in chronic spine disorders

Author(s):

Vd. Kanika Aggarwal, Vd. Pragati Katariya, Vd. Sumit Srivastava and Vd. Vinod Barwal

Abstract:

The spine is the central supporting structure of the torso; it routes and protects the spinal cord while providing for flexibility and shock absorption. In evaluating Chronic Spine Disorders, it is relevant to understand the prevalence of degenerative Spine pathologies. Spine degeneration affects both the mechanical properties and anatomic morphology of the vertebrae, discs, and surrounding tissues. Such changes progress with time and can affect the range of motion, loading patterns, and tolerance to traumatic events involving loads substantially greater than those applied during common activities. The sequelae of some degenerative pathologies may be misidentified as acute injuries if the underlying process was not previously identified.
The COVID- 19 Pandemic & subsequent lockdown restrictions have impacted people’s ability to stay active and mobile. There has been rise in patients with spine-related problems as work from home has led to decrease in activity coupled with an already existing sedentary lifestyle. 
In the past, a patient suffering from Disc problems may have been prescribed pain killers / medications, instructed to refrain from physical activities, referred for steroidal shots or injections, and when they did not see improvement, they were sent for Spinal Surgery. Frankly speaking only 5% of Spinal problems require Surgeries; the other 95% can be dealt with conservative & curative Ayurvedic Panchkarma Chikitsa.
 

Pages: 12-18  |  390 Views  140 Downloads


International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research
How to cite this article:
Vd. Kanika Aggarwal, Vd. Pragati Katariya, Vd. Sumit Srivastava and Vd. Vinod Barwal. An open label clinical study to evaluate the efficacy of Ayurvedic intervention in chronic spine disorders. Int. J. Pharm. Clin. Res. 2023;5(1):12-18. DOI: 10.33545/26647591.2023.v5.i1a.46
Call for book chapter